What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you supply information such as your email address or password. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Other Information. Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- Customized Browsing. We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized search experience. You may “opt-out” of this customization, or even visit and search anonymously.
- Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your subscription preferences by the password on your account.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
It is your choice whether to receive emails from us or our automated system. You can use the subscribe and unsubscribe options of our web site to set this preference.
We do not provide services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Various Web sites may be linked to from this site. If you link to another site, your privacy depends on the policy of that site. You may also wish to consult privacy guidelines such as those recommended by the Online Privacy Alliance (www.privacyalliance.org).